Serves 4-6 with chips
- 1 (20-ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 2-3 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons white sugar
- ½ cup washed and chopped fresh cilantro (don’t like cilantro, use a little parsley)
- ½ jalapeno pepper, washed, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil, not olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- ¾-1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces pineapple juice, optional
Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse 10 seconds at a time until well crushed and blended. If you prefer a spicier version, add more jalapeno. Want less spice, delete jalapeno and substitute a teaspoon minced green bell pepper.
Add salt to taste. Stir well and set aside until ready to serve. Add lime juice at this time if you prefer. If you prefer more liquid, add pineapple juice and stir well. Makes about 3 cups salsa dip.